Prompt 15 is 'Harry Potter: Write & name a spell for getting rid of a Migraine/Headache attack.'
Harry Potter is awesome :D I've read all the books multiple times, seen all the movies, multiple times, and got a beta account on Pottermore. Just today my dad was watching a show and a character said 'The Ministry' so I thought 'Ministry of Magic?'.
So given this Harry Potter background a spell for migraine didn't really seem right to me. A little bit like taking a pain killer, a temporary fix. If you want it to go away properly, you need a potion. So here's the Cephalea Auferet potion:
- 3 small moonstones
- essence of dittany
- Ginger root
- 3 medium sized peppermint leaves
- a handful of lavender petals
1) Grind the moonstones into powder and place into cauldron.
2) Add 5 drops of dittany and 3 of honeywater.
3) Lightly heat potion until it turns a light pink.
4) Slowly add finely chopped ginger root until potion turns deep pink.
5) Grind peppermint leaves and lavender petals together with a mortar and pestle and add to potion.
6) Leave potion to sit overnight. It should be a deep purple colour in the morning.
This potion would fix everything for a single migraine attack and make it all better. If it was real... As if I needed another reason to want to go to Hogwarts...